Not being prepared in the home loan process can be very stressful. Loan requests are extended, applicants are denied, and stress levels are increased. As many circumstances can arise during the home loan process, Making Acceptable Homeowners is focused on accurately assessing your ability to repay a mortgage. Knowing exactly what you need will help minimize stress, decrease turnaround time, and improve borrower to lender (back and forth) relationship. MAH knowledge of the lending process helps ensure our customers are prepared and know exactly what is required when applying for a mortgage loan. To maximize the opportunity of having a complete file, we have provided a list of preliminary items needed to better assist your needs.
An initial consultation from a Making Acceptable Homeowners representative will help us ensure proper documentations are gathered. When enrolling in homeownership counseling program, please be prepared to provide:
- Monthly mortgage statement, if applicable (all financed mortgages, 2nd mortgages included)
- Information on all non-financed mortgages (taxes, insurance, hoa, etc.)
- Most recent two month banks statement
- Information on other assets if using to qualify i.e. retirement accounts
- Two most recent 30 day paystubs
- Last two years of tax returns and W-2 or 1099
- If self employed, provide all business tax returns and K-1
- Documentation of other income received (social security, pension, child support, disability, etc).
- If paying child support, provide divorce decree
- Actual payment for all deferred student loans
Please print and make copies of your income documents. Send all to the following office address, e-mail, or fax number so that we may review your application.
Making Acceptable Homeowners
Attn: Mortgage Counselor
545 E John W Carpenter Fwy
Irving, TX 75062
Fax: 1(888) 747-7173
If you would like to speak with a MAH Specialist or have other questions call us at 972-719-9143
8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. CST Monday – Friday
Meet with a Counselor